.51 fl oz $17
The health benefits of Citronella Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties as an antibacterial, antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, deodorant, diaphoretic, diuretic, febrifuge, fungicidal, insect repellent, stomachic, stimulant, tonic and vermifuge substance.
Citronella is a grass that mainly grows in some Asian countries and some islands of the South Pacific. It has a rich, crisp lemony aroma and thus bears the name Citronella. The essential oil of citronella is extracted from two varieties of citronella. The first one is the Ceylon variety, whose scientific name is Cymbopogon Nardusand the second one is Java variety, called Cymbopogon Winterianus in botanical terminology. In both cases, the essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of the fresh plant.
- Citronella oil is a natural dewormer. It can eradicate harmful organisms (worms) from our stomach, small intestine and large intestine, thereby treating loss of appetite.
- It is a natural detoxifier that helps our body get rid of harmful toxic materials and sometimes, prevents them from being active in our body. The oil is diaphoretic by nature, which increases sweating in our body and facilitates the detoxification by eliminating additional fat, oil, salt, uric acid, etc.
- Due to its detoxifying property, it can also be used for healing orthopaedic problems like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- It works as a natural diuretic. Regular use of citronella oil can promote the production of urine, which ultimately accelerates the detoxification. It keeps our renal system as well as entire body healthy.
- The essential oil is extremely helpful in curing problems related to fluid retention. It maintains the water balance in our body and helps us stay away from spasms or cramping of stomach muscles. Its spasmodic nature and warming effects also aid a lot in abdominal cramps.